Progesterone is mainly a sex hormone in the female body which is responsible for the menstrual cycle, pregnancy and embryogenesis. It is also called an endogenous steroid. It is originated from a group of hormonal steroids called progestogens. It is the most major progestogen in the body of a female. It also produces a steroid called corticosteroid which plays a very important role in the function of brain as a Neurosteroid. When progesterone is produced less in quantity, there occurs a condition in which women cannot bear children. A similar condition occurs in men when the production of testosterone is not enough, which is called erectile dysfunction. To stop this condition, there are medicines like Kamagra to help men.
What does Progesterone do?
Progesterone is a sex hormone which is produced in the ovaries. It is responsible for ovulation, the menstrual cycle and the thickening of the uterus walls. It thickens the wall of the uterus for egg fertilization but when the egg is not fertilized, the walls get thin and menstrual cycle starts and the same process starts again. It is also responsible for maintaining pregnancy and keeping the walls of the uterus thick during pregnancy. It is also responsible for breast development and breast feeding which would not be possible without progesterone. In men, progesterone is produced in small amount to produce semen.
Problems that occur due to progesterone:
Women with low progesterone may suffer from irregular menstrual cycles and during pregnancy, they may suffer a greater risk of miscarriage than that of a woman with normal progesterone level. Signs of low production of progesterone are:
- Irregular uterine bleeding
- Great risk of miscarriage
- Abdominal pain during pregnancy
- Irregular periods
- Mood swings, anxiety and depression
- Low sex drive
- Breast tenderness
- Vaginal dryness
How to cure low progesterone level?
Low progesterone level is a very great risk to human body and can further cause many problems in life. It should be treated as much and as soon as possible. There are many way to cure low progesterone level and some them are:
- The medicine progesterone is the latest cure for low progesterone levels and if taken frequently can cure the low production of progesterone.
- Vaginally, creams and gels can be used for progesterone.
- Oral medications
- Increasing intake of vitamins B and C which are mandatory for maintaining the level of progesterone in the female body.
- Eating meals that have sufficient quantity of zinc.
- Controlling the stress levels of the body and mind as a hormone is produced during stress that stops the production of progesterone.
Progesterone is a very important hormone for the body and should always be produced in a sufficient amount so that it can perform its tasks. To maintain the level of progesterone in the body, precautions should be taken like www.aptekakamagra.pl so that the complications and problems in later life can be completely avoided.